|2018 BYC camp|
Youth Sunday School Classes will still meet after the children's message every week in June, July, and August (even during the Oaxaca Trip and BYC) except for July 21 which will be a Oaxaca Team Led Worship Service, and August 18 which will be a BYC Youth-Led Worship.
Sunday School Dates
June 16: Youth Sunday School Led by KayJay
June 23: Youth Sunday School Led by KayJay
July 7: Youth Sunday School Led by Śānti
July 14: Youth Sunday School Led by Paul
July 21: Oaxaca Trip Worship Service led by Oaxaca travelers
July 28: Youth Sunday School Led by Śānti
August 4: Youth Sunday School Led by Śānti
August 11: Youth Sunday School Led by Paul, KayJay, and/or Bill
August: 18 (BYC Style Youth-Led Worship)
August 25: Youth Sunday School Led by Śānti
June 15-25 Oaxaca Trip
June 30-July 5 BYC Summer Youth Camp
The Community UCC Youth Group is comprised of 6th-12th graders. One of the best ways to describe us is to say that we are a close group made up of individuals. Each member is accepted for who they are, and their unique gifts are appreciated and utilized. We are energetic and thoughtful, intellectual and silly, questioning and believing, serious and fun.
Youth meet to live out our faith by getting together for meals, service projects, retreats, worship planning, lock-ins, games, and fun. We will meet 2nd Sundays from 5-6:30PM and periodically on Sundays from 12-2PM for lunch and activities. The youth participate fully in the life of our church community by hosting the fall poetry slam, the winter variety show, the spring camp-out, and by providing an annual parent's night out, making food for events, and participating fully in all church-wide events.
- led Children's Sunday School on Labor Day weekend
- worked in Vandy Bradow's yard for a half day as a silent auction fundraiser
- began meeting for a mid-week fellowship night for silliness, service, and spiritual growth
- helped with Welcoming Sunday activities
- went on a spiritual beach retreat focusing on identity and group building
- provided a Walk for Hope Mission Moment
- read scripture in worship
- provided leadership for Intergenerational Forum on October 4 and November 1
- created and delivered a dramatic reading for worship on World Communion Sunday
- participated in the Blessing of the Animals
- joined The Walk for Hope, and raised over $2,500
- learned from a speaker who share with them about Urban Ministries
- packed 50 rice bags to help feed those who don't have adequate nutritious food
- played group building games on our grounds
- joined the CROP Walk
- shared a mini spiritual retreat: Celebrating Our Saints.
Youth choose and run their own service projects with adult support.
- Joining youth and adults to repair homes with Appalachia Service Project
- Raising funds to help those with mental illness through the Walk for Hope
- Preparing and serving meals at the Helen Wright Center for Women
- Collecting food for Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Raising funds to help Yahve-Jire Orphanage in Port-Au-Prince Haiti
- Feeding our downtown neighbors through Human Beans Together