We help people and newcomers feel welcome by greeting people at the sanctuary door as they enter worship, giving new visitors a loaf of welcome bread and spending time with visitors during fellowship after worship.
Live Your Faith
- Say hello to someone you don't know yet. Whether new to the church or a long-timer, everyone wants to be noticed and wanted.
- Invite newcomers to Fellowship. Introduce them to someone else with a connection: home town, occupation, wanderlust, avocation.
- Widen your circle at Fellowship. Decide to meet one new-to-you person each month.
- Build connections. Send Steve Halsted an email or phone message with news, whether newcomer or long-timer. Names, background, interests, needs and desires. The tidbits help him help us care for each other.
- Become a greeter just a few times a year.