If you are inspired to work on a community project not listed here, bring your energy and talents to COM and we'll help you figure out how to get others at CUCC involved.
- Cook part of a meal for 70 women at the Helen Wright Center for Women (CUCC is scheduled for third Sundays). Contact Charles Coble or Dawn Koonce about cooking or serving.
- On first Sundays, make a donation to Inter-Faith Food Shuttle or Urban Ministries of Wake County so they can purchase food for their food pantries. You can set up a recurring donation or make a ritual of pressing the donate button each month.
- Tutor a child or organize a fun seasonal event through Neighbor 2 Neighbor. Contact Charles Coble. temporarily suspended
- Tutor a child with Loaves and Fishes Ministry. Contact Susan Lane. temporarily suspended
- Walk, donate or coordinate CUCC's team for the CROP Walk.
- Offer a welcoming smile to people who stop to chat at CUCC's OutRaleigh! table. The 2021 effort will organize in the spring, but until then you can talk to Dawn Koonce.
- Be on the small planning team for our Advent angel tree, a short-term project every fall.
- Fill in for one of our Meals on Wheels food delivery drivers when we have a vacation vacancy. Look for substitute announcements in the CUCC Weekly eNews.
CUCC serves on the Boards of Directors of three local organizations which CUCC helped found. If you have skills which you might share with their boards or a passion for early children's education or for affordable housing, please contact CUCC's current board representatives.
- RICH Park Housing for low income residents. Learn more about RICH Park from our 2020 board representatives: Charles Coble, Frank Gailor, Cindy Watkins, and Peg Hulslander (substitute).
- Community Church Low Income Housing Corporation was founded by CUCC to manage a six-unit apartment building and a small home adjacent to the church. Some units are reserved specifically for low income housing and all are rented at below market rates.
- Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Loaves and Fishes Ministry
- Method Child Development Center
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
- Women's Center of Wake County
- Passage Home
- Emmaus House
- Families Together